Overcoming inertia was a bit more difficult than I anticipated. . .I realized that the content management software (e107) I had running webjon was from 2005 — it was time for an update.
As soon as I installed e107 I found it cumbersome and bulky, but with a lot of customization I got it to look and act how I wanted it to. Since it was time to update I started looking at other options — but starting over with new software was going to be even more painful that losing all my e107 customizations, so I bit the bullet and installed five small updates, then went for the upgrade.
According to the software the upgrade went fine. . . But the reality was a disaster — not a single e107 page or function worked properly anymore. Thankfully my art gallery was not within e107 so it kept chugging along. I’ve spent the last couple of days retrieving what I could from the old webjon database and starting over with new software. . .
So here we are. . . the only piece left to restore from the old website is the sketch gallery, unfortunately that software is specific to e107 so I need to find another option, but other than that I think everything is back — and I’ve added trade lists, and I’ve re-enabled comments.
Webjon is back — blogified just in time for the new show season to start!